Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 18: Unpredictable.

Saturday, the weather was in the mid-50's! The ice melted and everything shifted back to normal, even though nothing happened according to plan. All day long, my Mom and I were prom dress shopping. We were very unsuccessful and it was discouraging. I am learning that I am extremely too picky and I was way too in love with my dress from last year. I will eventually find the perfect dress for my Senior Prom, but my head is too wrapped up in the style and color of my old dress. After a failed shopping attempt, the rest of the day did not happen according to plan either. My original Saturday night plans were cancelled and other things kept falling through as well. In the midst of my disappointment, I learned that my presence was much needed elsewhere for this evening. God works in mysterious ways and I am certain tonight's misfortunate events were a part of His plan. Unpredictable is the perfect word to describe this week, and I will admit I shed a few 'unexplainable' tears. Having faith in Him was the light that guided me through the darkness. Take a deep breath... Week 18 is finally over!