Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 16: Be Mine.

Valentine's Day is the perfect day to show kindness and see kindness all around you! You certainly do not need a valentine to show some love to the people in your life. I was amazed by all of the sweet things people said, the sweet cards people made, and yummy treats people baked for others. It is a breath of fresh air to see a crowd of individuals thinking of someone other than themselves once in a while.  Throughout this Valentine's Day, I made a list of random acts of kindness and memories from the day. I hope the things on this list brighten your day as much as they did mine!
1. I woke up to a little Valentine's Day surprise from my mom.
2. My Dad left flowers, cards, and M&M's on the counter for his one and only valentine.
3. I made cards for my mom, my little sister, and my two best friends (Mom and Shannon brought the waterworks this morning!)
4. When I got to school, I saw a card and a surprise sitting on my desk from my friend and fellow PAL, Taylor Woods.
5. A girl brought red velvet cupcakes for our entire first period Calculus class and shared with everyone.
6. I texted Jason, "Happy Valentine's Day" and he responded, "Don't let cupid shoot you in the butt."
7. The choir brought a singing valentine to a boy in my Calculus class. I was lucky enough to hear their amazing voices and dance right along with them!
8. Lolly, our PALs sponsor, treated all of us to Chick-fil-a at lunch!
9. Melinda handed out chocolate chip cookies to me and various other people throughout the day.
10. Bailey and Anam brought cupcakes and shared with our "B" sweet crew at lunch.
11. I went to Shannon's valentine's day party at her school and also visited my 4th grade class. All of those sweet valentine's hugs and smiles made my day!
12. A shy boy named Michael brought a bag of Hershey's kisses and shared with our entire English class. By this point sweets were the last thing you wanted to see, but it was definitely the thought that counted!
13. Ben Wood's asked me to be his valentine... I said yes of course!
14. We had split night at FCA and talked about relationships. So encouraging to know that God has a plan for you to meet your one true valentine some day. <3
15. Kathleen, Taylor's mom, put together a little bag of kisses for me.
16. Taylor told me that the card I made for him was amazing and almost brought him to tears. He also said that I should make Hallmark Cards in the future. ;)

This Valentine's Day has been filled with friendship, love, laughter, and plenty of kindness. I was overwhelmed by the joy surrounding me and in turn it made me smile even brighter. Whether your Valentine's Day was spent with that special someone or you're still waiting for your Prince Charming, don't lose faith. Someone out there loves you way more than you could ever imagine, and His love is the only one that matters. <3