Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week 18: Ice Ice Baby!



This weekend, my original plan was to attend the PALs Ropes Course in New Braunfels, TX. We were scheduled to leave at 7 am on Friday morning. However, due to the current weather conditions and the fact that school was cancelled on Friday... our trip was postponed. Friday was 'Snow Day' throughout Sugar Land- even though there was NO snow in sight. We had extremely icy roads and the temperature remained in the twenties. My Mom and I decided to be productive on our day off, so we cleaned, reorganized, and rearranged my bedroom. We cleared out my entire closest and got rid of items that I never use. Some of my clothes still had tags on them... embarassing. We made a stack to send off to the Goodwill store in hopes that someone may find good use of them. After our cleaning rampage, I spent some time with Shannon and ten other 9 year old girls. She had a 'Snow Day' party at the house and they were going nuts! I talked to them all about their excitement for middle school next year, and they were most excited about meeting new boys... shocker! The remainder of the day was spent relaxing at home, catching up on my favorite shows, and cooking dinner for the family. I made a Tuscan-Style Tomato Basil Soup... thanks to the genius sample booth at the local H.E.B. It looked extremely unappetizing, but it turned out to be quite the tasty little dish! I forgot to buy basil at the store (sort of a key ingredient) and I accidently used vegetable oil instead of olive oil (whoopsie)! Cooking is definitely a learning process. After dinner, I spent my 'Snow Night' with some of my closest friends. We played Just Dance 2, drank hot chocolate, and hung out! I spent the night at Brittany's house with Katy and Anam. We ate freshly baked chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk and had pillow talk for many hours. I LOVE Snow Days!