Thursday, February 3, 2011

Week 18: 'Snow Day' Weekend!

 An arctic cold front has reached Sugar Land, TX in February and today our weather ranged from 27 to 33 degrees! We are expecting 1-3 inches of snow to land in our yards late tonight and all classes in FBISD have been cancelled for tomorrow! Never in all of my years of primary or secondary school have I ever had a day off due to the winter weather condition of SNOW! Hooray for a three day weekend!!! Today, we bid a sad farewell to Coach Schwartz, our aquatic science teacher. He is the sweetest little old man and has been coaching football for over thirty years. This week, he decided not to coach next season and the district/principals decided to send him off to Clements on Monday to teach Biology. Aquatic Science will simply not be the same without him. Every day he greeted me to class with a, "Good Morning Sunshine!" I will truly miss his sweet spirit and joyful personality. He was everyone's favorite teacher and the grandpa that we never had! I made him a farewell card that says, "We will miss you, but never will we forget you!" and baked him cookies. The entire 2nd period class signed the card and I hope his little presents made him feel special. This afternoon, I went with my parents to see the progress of our newest Kids R Kids building. In this freezing weather, we explored the building including all of the rooms, offices, kitchens and future playground sites. My parents are the ultimate dream team; they are two smart, fun-loving people. I love seeing all of my Dad's hours of hard work pay-off. I am very proud of them and I can't wait for their new Kids R Kids site to finally open! I finished off the day at BJ's Happy Hour with the family. You can't beat half price mini pizzas and $2 off appetizers to kick-start your 'Snow Day' Weekend!