Saturday, February 19, 2011

Week 16: Mr. & Mrs. Clayton

  
Terrace Clayton married Stephanie Lavey this afternoon. T is the youth pastor at River Pointe Church and I met him on a mission trip in Mexico many many years ago. He is my friend and my mentor, and I have gained an incredible amount of wisdom from him. He has always been there for me; whether it was supporting my fight against human trafficking, speaking at my FCA meeting, or constantly making me laugh. He is witty, sarcastic, and full of love. I knew God was saving an incredible woman just for him. We always used to talk about the day that he would meet his future wife and get married. I specifically remember him describing everything he wanted out of his spouse, and I am happy to say that Stephanie far surpasses his expectations. The moment I saw T walk up to the altar, I lost it. I was in tears for nearly the entire ceremony (as was the rest of the audience). It was not an accident that a small town boy from Oklahoma met a sweet girl from Dallas nearly a year ago. God always knew this moment would happen... he always knew that they would eventually find each other. They are now united as one and can begin their journey together. Their marriage reminded me of how excited I am to meet the man of my dreams and marry my best friend one day. Marriage is an incredible gift. I know God has a love story for each one of us and the best part is... true love stories never have endings.