Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 14: Wahoo!

Today was the Writing TAKS test! Yesterday, I stopped by Mrs. Sebesta's class and left the kids good luck goodies. I gave them a little sign that said, "You're a SMARTY pants" and attached a Smartie candy! I couldn't stop thinking about them all day long. I am sure they did their best, and I am confident that Mrs. Sebesta and I did everything we could possibly do to prepare them. Since I am a senior and I have already passed all of my TAKS tests, I had the day off from school! I wasn't required to sign in at 12:30pm like the majority of the senior class (since I have 6th and 7th period off)! No school, no student teaching, no 9ers, no baseball games, no church, no meetings... sounds like the best day ever! Instead of spending a relaxing day at home, I decided to attack Day 5 of the prom dress hunt with my mom. As of now, we have been to OVER 20 stores across the Houston area. I have tried on over 100 dresses, and I don't want to look at any more racks with clear plastic bags on them. I swear, all of the dresses are starting to look the exact the same to me! We ended up in Shenandoah, TX. It is a city north of the Woodlands, and that means a long way from home. We ate lunch at Wahoo's Fish Taco and it was delicious! It only has one location in Houston, two locations in Austin, and the rest of their franchise is located in California-- That's our kind of restaurant! We wish we could have been screaming, "WAHOO.... We found a prom dress!" However... it was a beautiful day and we refused to give up. We went to a store called Dream Day Bridal and it was amazing! It is owned by a mother and a daughter. The staff was very helpful and I loved almost every single dress that I tried on there. I am still indecisive about which is my favorite dress. There are three favorites- a yellow one, a coral one, and a purple one. I need someone other than my mother's opinion... I think Dad will be coming on the next dress shopping adventure.