Thursday, March 10, 2011

Week 13: Life is a Highway.

Today was perfect, except for the fact that I don't have a voice (at all)! I didn't have to go to school today, because I spent my entire day at the Alvin Baseball Tournament. We didn't play too well, but it was a beautiful day and I wasn't going to let it go to waste. We went to CiCi's for a late lunch, and I took full advantage of the tattoo vending machine and used it on the guys. I had a lot of fun talking with them and Savannah, but all day I really wanted to go to the rodeo to see Rascal Flatts perform tonight. When I got home, my Dad informed me that he found two tickets through one of his friends! I showered and quickly got ready, then we headed down to the Reliant Stadium. It was date night with Dad and I loved every second of it! We jammed to Rascal Flatts the entire way there, and waited to pick up our tickets from 'the guy with the black hat'. It turns out there are a lot of people that wear black hats to the rodeo. We waved to countless strangers, and Dad said, "Quit sneaking up on me!" to some random guy. So awkward. I was dying laughing. Once we finally got inside the arena, we walked the entire loop in search of our seats. On our lost journey, we ran into Cale, Victoria, Logan, Evan, Meagan, and Brandon! Our seats were for section 512... aka nose bleed section. We walked with our "swag", and sneaked into section 120. It was right in the end zone, near the bull pen. We were so close, we could smell the bull. I was confident someone was going to tell us to move, but we sat there the entire concert without any problems. They were GREAT seats! My favorite part of the rodeo was definitely Mutton Bustin'- those kids are always hilarious entertainment! Rascal Flatts' performance was absolutely amazing! Despite my awfully hoarse voice, I continued to sing along to every single song. Bless the Broken Road is always my favorite, but I also enjoyed Here's To You, Life is a Highway, Mayberry, and many many more classics! My Dad and I were clapping and jamming the entire time, but my Dad's favorite part was their ending song- Carrie On My Wayward Son. That is the song from his era, the song he heard when he first made out with a girl, and the song he remembers listening to as he traveled across the country. Let me just tell you, they nailed this song! Our date night was so exciting and much needed. I love how no matter what spontaneous adventure my Dad and I take part in, everything always works out perfectly!