Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 12: Carolina Success.

 Today has been quite the productive day! We started out at Concord Mills Mall, which looked almost identical to Katy Mills Mall. They had a prom dress store called Group USA. It was another fail, but we were very determined to find a prom dress today. I ended up buying a pair of country western boots there. Coming from Texas, home of the endless supply of boots, it was ironic that I ended up buying a pair in North Carolina. I absolutely love them and I can't wait to go country western dancing! Jason got his signing bonus this morning and today was his payday- which were both extremely exciting! Out of all of the things he could've purchased at the mall, he bought two Auntie Anne's pretzels (and that was him splurging)! He cracks me up. After shopping for awhile in Concord, we headed back to the city to pick up Dad for lunch. We walked into downtown, picked up food at Newks, and had a picnic in the middle of the city. It was absolutely perfect weather outside today- about 80 degrees without any humidity! After lunch, we walked through the city and took lots of pictures. The white trees in the scenery took my breath away. They are EVERYWHERE and I love them! I am convinced that these trees will be at my wedding or at least in my bridal portraits one day! I took a few pictures of Alpha Mills, Jason's apartment complex, and a few more pictures of the inside of his place. Alpha Mills used to be a textile mill back in the day, which explains the smokestack in the background. In the afternoon, my parents and I headed to the South Park area. This was definitely the high end uppity section of Charlotte. The houses were unbelievable, the trees and greenery surrounded us, and the mall was their version of our Galleria. We went into Nordstrom’s, or as my Dad would say, "Nordy's". Believe it or not... we finally found my prom dress! Boots and a dress in one day? I think this is a record for me! We headed back to Jason's apartment to meet his friends, RJ and Megan, and watch the fightin' Texas Aggies lose to Florida State. We hung out, played games, and then headed to dinner at Cabo Fish Taco! It was very loud and crowded, but I enjoyed getting to know his Charlotte friends and spend more time with my family! On this trip, I've eaten more food than I have in the past month. I swear, I am going to go into a food coma. Despite my overwhelmed stomach, today was a total success. I am loving everything about North Carolina!