Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 11: Never Alone


The end of my senior year is wrapping up; today marked the last day of the 3rd nine week grading period. We have only a quarter of the year left and time couldn't be flying any faster! Prom is constantly on everyone's mind and the center of most conversations. It is easily the most stressful event to plan. It sounds incredibly stupid  that so much thought and stress could go into one dance. Taking prom aside, drama seems to be following almost every situation. I hope that people start making peace, finding forgiveness, and enjoying the remainder of senior year. I am expecting a lot more hugging and crying as graduation day approaches. No one takes high school seriously anymore. I walk throughout the hallways and wonder what I am still doing there. Even though everyone has 'Senioritis', I still have a positive attitude in class and continue to have my full load of extracurricular activities in the evenings. This week I got accepted into the University of California-San Diego. Which was very exciting to know that I am welcome to the west coast, even though my heart is still set on attending Texas A&M! Tonight, the baseball boys played Marshall! They did great and we got a win for the first time in a while! Savannah and I have become quite the little manager buddies- I couldn't survive in that dugout without her! The boys conversations flow A LOT differently than most girls. Regardless, I still love spending time with the team and keeping the official book during the games. I will cherish all of these little moments for the rest of my life. Senior year is unlike any other. It doesn't hit you when you write that generic essay for English, when you wake up for your last first day of school, or when you're having the time of your life at prom. It never truly hits you until graduation day, when you look around and realize that you will never see half of these people again. Senior year only happens once, and we have to make the most out of every opportunity. It won't be long before I meet new people and inevitably grow apart from others.
May your tears come from laughing
You find friends worth having
With every year passing
They mean more than gold
May you win but stay humble
Smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble
You're never alone.
-Lady Antebellum
<3