Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Week 13: Elkins!

Tonight was the first district baseball game of the season! We played Elkins High School, and it was one of the best games Fort Bend ISD has ever seen. I came sprinting off of the activity bus from the ropes course, and hopped into the dugout! Savannah and I kept track of the book, so the first seven innings flew by. The score was 4-2, we were down in the 7th inning. There were two outs, and Brandon Guillen was at bat with two strikes. We had one man at first base, and just when you thought the game was over... Brandon hit a homerun!!! The crowd was going wild, the players flooded the field, and Savannah and I were jumping all around the dugout. The boys battled inning after inning, and sadly we lost in the 10th. Each inning that passed the score continued to even out.... 4-4: 7th inning, 6-6: 8th inning, 8-8: 9th inning, and the final score was 10-8 in the 10th inning. The entire time Savannah and I were nervously shaking and desparately praying! On the last attempt for the win, Jamail's hit was within a few feet of going out of the park. I really thought he had it! Either way, I am SO proud of all my baseball boys tonight. They played as a team, brought a ton of energy, and did incredible! I now am without a voice and with an extremely sore throat, but it was well worth very last cheer. What a GREAT way to start off the district season!