Saturday, March 5, 2011

Week 14: Engle Fever


This week has been very busy... but that's not out of the ordinary for me. Between TAKS and prom planning- the stress level has been very high. This weekend the baseball boys played in the Ewell Jackson Tournament. I went to the games on Thursday and Friday afternoon, and we had one loss and one win.  On Friday, I brought both of the coaches a Snickers bar to boost their spirits- nothing makes them happier than a Diet Coke and a Snickers! We played in the 3rd Ward, and we learned on Thursday that their concession stand didn't have either of those items. The baseball boys have a lot of work ahead if they want to be successful this season!! After the game on Friday, I came home to see my beautiful sister, Lauren! She is in town for the weekend and I couldn't be more excited! I haven't seen her since Christmas break, so we had a ton of catching up to do. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner, and we all had the 'Engle Fever'. We played in their Friday night trivia game, and our enthusiasm was quite embarrassing. They asked a question about a horror actor that died in the 70's, and Dad answered John Wayne. He didn't exactly hear the word 'horror' in that question. Team 'Engle Fever' was clueless about the other random questions that they asked as well. Beach Boys, yogurt, microwave, blender, one... the list goes on and on. We were all extremely loud and competitive during this trivia game as we devoured our tasty wings and fattening fried pickles. After dinner, we played Just Dance as a family and it was priceless. I love having Lauren here with us, and I can't wait to see what else this weekend has in store!