Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 8: It's a Fiesta!


Here's the latest update from the busy life of Kaitlyn Engle! Week 8 came and passed so quickly, it is hard to recall all of the significant moments. This last semester is passing by in a flash, and I am trying my hardest to capture every last minute and memory! On Monday, I sat in on PALs interviews and we had a guest speaker at FCA. Both of those organizations have made lasting impacts on my life, and I am sure I will miss different aspects of each of them. There are a few FCA meetings remanding and I am trying to embrace every last minute. The week continued on with student teaching, senior legacy work, and stressful AP review sessions. On Thursday, I was able to eat at Lupe Tortilla with my family for dinner. That was a much needed break from my daily hectic life. Something I wish I did more this school year was spend more time with my family. I am always on the go and hardly ever home. They understand that I am a busy girl, but we all enjoy the brief moments that we are together. This week the baseball boys played Travis on Tuesday and Willowridge on Friday night. Willowridge is basically located in Africa. It is SO stinking far away... and in the complete ghetto for that matter. I was the only manager there that night... meaning I was the only girl on the bus. It was quite an interesting experience. On Saturday morning, I left for San Antonio with the PALs. This was our final hang out all together and it was by far my favorite memory from PALs this school year. We rode in three separate cars; I rode in Melinda's with Katy, Crysta, Taylor, Brelynn, and Colby. We stopped at Whataburger on the way there and arrived shortly after eleven in the morning. We rode on almost every single rollercoaster and despite the long lines... we had a blast! I got the opportunity to bond with a lot of different people throughout the day and I wouldn't trade those conversations for anything. On the way home, we stopped at Buc-Ee's and played Marry-Bury-Do the entire drive. Looking back and thinking about our group's conversation makes me laugh... a lot. We had the best car by far! Over all, Week 8 was one exhausting and exhilarating fiesta!