Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 7: The Legacy Begins

Senior Legacy Page:
The Singleton's

Almost four years ago, I received a call from a sweet lady named Maggie Singleton. She explained to me how her and her family recently moved to Texas from Arkansas and how they were on the search for a new babysitter. That week I came over to their house that was covered in boxes and met the Singleton's. Grayson was a timid 3 year old boy and Caroline was a precious new born. That day I was introduced to a blonde hair-blue eyed family that would forever change my life. I was the Singleton's newest babysitter and I couldn't have been more excited. They made me feel very comfortable from the very beginning and I knew I was always meant to be a part of their life! I have watched these babies grow up throughout my high school years. I have seen them progress through the potty training stages. I have watched them develop their individual and unique personalities. I have witnessed many giggles and heard very few tears. In the beginning, the Singleton parents would pick me up and drive me home. That was way back before I had a license! I'll never forget the car ride when Maggie told me she was pregnant with baby number 3. That was an extremely exciting and memorable moment! In August of 2009, Miss Ellie Singleton was the newest addition to this sweet family. Her big baby rolls and crystal blue eyes could easily capture any audience. She was born my junior year of high school and it was a sincere joy to juggle these three children around! Ellie is now two years old and always cracks me up! Every time "Miss Kaitlyn" comes over we have a handful of classic traditions; ice cream parties, fly on the bed, play dough, coloring signs, and much more. I have been a part of their family's life every step of the way. I have participated in birthday parties, attended family weddings, watched little league games, took care of their house while they traveled, slept over for slumber parties, and much more. All of the kids are very different and add a special element to the Singleton family. Grayson is a brave young man. I have seen him transfer from his fanatic "Wiggles" phase all the way to his tough Indiana Jones stage. He is smart, witty, and quite the charmer! Caroline is my sassy little sweetheart. She is beyond beautiful with her long blonde hair and is truly a princess at heart. Some days she might have a slight attitude or a tiny meltdown, but Caroline has always been my baby girl. In July of 2009, I nominated Caroline into Sugar Land Magazine's "Sugar Land Sweetie" contest and she WON! Ellie is an absolute doll. She is always chattering and making jokes. She has grown out of her cute chunky baby roll phase, and became a slim and adorable two year old. She can always brighten my day and constantly brings me hours of entertainment. Their mother, Maggie Singleton, is the best person I've ever met. She is the ultimate 'Super Mom' and I want to be exactly like her when I grow up. She is a talented photographer, baker, seamstress, boo-boo fixer, cook, and mother. Maggie can do anything she sets her mind to... and she does it perfectly. She attended Texas A&M, where she met her hilarious husband, Alan. Maggie Singleton is a remarkable woman and I am beyond blessed to have met her. It is not by chance that Maggie called me on that hot summer day four years ago... I was always meant to be their family's babysitter! As I reflect back on our many days and nights spent together, I am reminded of the enormous impact they have made on my life. I know I will continue to be a part of their children's lives as they grow up. I have babysat for mutliple families throughout the past few years, but they are and will always be my #1 family. I love them more than words can say and I know I will shed multiple tears as I head off to college. Singleton family, thank you for all of the joy and sweet memories that you have added to my life.