Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Week 1: Poolside.

Since I am except from all of my final exams, these are the best days of school ever! All I had to do was sign in everyday at 8:30 am, then I was allowed to leave. The only set back was battling every other exempt junior and senior in the hectic traffic lines each morning. I will not miss the Austin High School parking lot. My days so far have been spent working out, decorating attire for our Cancun trip, student teaching,  laying out by the pool, organizing my sorority packets for A&M, laughing hysterically at the movie “Bridesmaids”, and designing my “Here’s To The Nineteen” digital scrapbook. I have been very busy, but that’s nothing unusual. Today I spent the afternoon running around outside with my fourth graders on the playground and swimming at Savannah’s house with a bunch of my friends. There is nothing better than the hot summer sun combined with friends, exemptions, and a pool! Tonight, Michelle Sebesta treated me to dinner at Lupe Tortilla to celebrate my graduation and to thank me for being her student teacher. She cracks me up and I am beyond blessed to have had the opportunity to teach alongside her this school year. I love her so much and she will forever be my inspiration!