Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 1: Almost There.

Today marked the first official day of summer! We started off with our fingerprinting appointments at the government building for Kids R Kids, then headed to lunch as a family at a new pizza restaurant. Afterwards, we took Jason to see how much progress has been made on my parent’s amazing new daycare center. Jason filmed a hilarious video of my parents by the sprinkler park and we shopped for accessories at Charming Charlie’s for my graduation outfit. The afternoon was plenty busy and in the evening I attended Mariah and Kendall’s graduation party. After hanging outside under the tent, Ariel and I headed to Cameron’s birthday dinner at Escalante’s. All 25 of us waited in the hot summer heat for over an hour only to decide to eat at Pappasito’s instead. It all worked out in the end…. It always does. Despite some unnecessary drama, we all had a ball. It was an extremely interesting night to say the least. Once Ariel and I left dinner, we headed to Swirl. It was definitely a much needed ice cream night. Ariel and I have been through thick and thin together since we were two years old, so I am glad I could be there for her tonight. After I got home, I played a bunch of games with Jason and all of his wild friends! Tomorrow is the big day…. we’ve waited eighteen years for this. We're almost there.