Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week 1: Class of 2011

Today I graduated from Stephen F. Austin High School. For the past nineteen weeks, we have been counting down to reach the Class of 2011’s graduation day. June 4th has been highly anticipated amongst many students and today was finally our day! We arrived with our caps and gowns in hand, and found our way to our rows. The whole town gathered around and the entire morning was surreal to me and many others. There was something about seeing all of my best friends and fellow classmates dressed in their graduation attire. It brought countless tears to my eyes, yet I couldn’t stop smiling. We’ve all waited 18 years, now it all came down to this. They cued the music and we began to walk through the main curtain. I scanned the crowd and saw my incredible family holding up signs and hollering my name. It filled my soul and goose bumps ran down my spine. My best friends were all there in rows. There was no turning back… it was our time to walk across that stage. My tassel slowly turned and the moment quickly passed by. I definitely cried plenty of happy tears. I know the best is yet to come, even though I’ve had the time of my life for the past four years. It’s my time to fly out of here and make a difference in this crazy world. Everyone is now going their separate ways, but I hope they never forget the memories we created over the years. I pray that God will watch over each of us as we embark on the next chapter of our lives. High school was filled with Friday night football games, first loves and first heartbreaks. The Class of 2011 has made plenty of trouble, but we learned from every mistake. I left those hallways with no regrets because I always did the best I could. It’s been a long and winding journey, but we’ve hung in there through the tribulations. It’s definitely a bittersweet goodbye, but now it’s time to celebrate!!! Graduation day was amazing and I can’t wait for Pro-Grad tonight!
Congratulations, Class of 2011… WE DID IT!!!